Inviting people into your workspace is a key component of access management and we’ve improved the flow that makes it easier to accept invites and mitigates some previous edge cases.
Accepting an invite email will now work even if you’re already signed into Linear and have an existing account, and works even if you’re not signed into the correct account that the invite is for. This makes the entire process clearer.
We’ve also added the ability to easily resend invites. You can find this feature in the Members section where the outstanding invitations are displayed at the end of the list.
We’ve recently made a few improvements to webhooks. You can now find webhooks in organization API settings
, allowing you to create webhooks for all public teams in your organization. Existing webhooks will continue to work in the same way, and you can still create webhooks for individual teams.
OAuth applications now also have the ability to create webhooks. This is useful if you want notifications about relevant events pushed to your app rather than having to poll for updates. Whenever a new organization authorizes your application, a webhook will be created, sending the events of your choice to your provided URL. We recommend switching to webhooks rather than frequently polling, especially if you are polling a large data set. Check out the webhook documentation
for more information.
Multi-team boards & manual ordering
This feature and some fixes below were included in a changelog earlier this week.
It’s now possible to use board layout for all* views in Linear. This includes the “All” tab under multi-team views as well as all custom views. Previously, only views containing issues from a single team could be manually ordered and viewed in board layout. Since teams can have their own states and each state is its own column on a board, some issues on multi-team boards will be moved to another team when they’re dragged to certain columns. When moving an issue to a state that only exists on another team, you will need to confirm that you meant to move the issue to that team. In addition to board layout, manual ordering in list layout is also available for multi-team views. To enable board view or manual ordering, go to view preferences in the top right corner of the view.
*My Issues, Archived issues, and completed cycles can not be viewed using board layout
Fixes and improvements
- Improved support of Jira on-premise installations in migration assistant.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the desktop app to consistently use more CPU after a fresh login
- Selected labels are now grouped together in menus
- We now properly notify admins and revoke Figma and Sentry integrations if we can’t access the services anymore
- Projects with zero effort now correctly show progress
- When moving issues between teams, your teams are now listed at the top
- Improved user experience and speed of moving issues between teams
- Fixed issue suggestion widget on the editor that might not show the exact match for an issue identifier
- Fixed url redirection to the wrong issue after moving it to another team
- Notification reminder emails for a single notification now have more descriptive subject lines
- Fixed caret jumping in the editor in Firefox when navigating with arrow keys
- Fixed issue where dragging inside of the search input on the desktop app moved the window
- Fixed an issue that caused comment and issue content to disappear when the theme was changed
- Reopening a closed pull request is now also displayed in Linear
- Fixed an issue where special characters would not be filtered from generated branch names
- Fixed some places on the desktop app where the window was not draggable, but it should have been
- You can now filter by issue attachment source, e.g. Intercom, Slack, Zendesk, etc.
- Fixed a bug causing issue migrations to sometimes fail when importing users
- We now respect pointer settings on the search page
- Fixed a bug where issue history would be displayed in the wrong order
- The user mapping section in the migration assistant correctly recognizes existing users and allows you to map/search all workspace members
- The billing page now correctly updates after updating your payment method
- Fixed a bug preventing some URLs from being used for issue attachment links
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t delete templates that were the default for team or non-team members
- Relations are now created to issues when they are mentioned in issue descriptions
- Fixed a bug where in certain situations a canceled issue might be moved to the next cycle