We’re live! Thanks for being part of the beta!
Can you help us spread the word? Retweet or share your experience on Product Hunt.
- We’ve written up the principles and practices we believe build magical software in the Linear Method and some docs to answer FAQs and explain features.
- We also added Gitlab integration.
Linear signups are available for everyone!
We’re announcing Linear for general availability today. We’ve been really grateful to have you in our private beta. All your feedback and bug reports have helped us a lot to refine Linear into the product it is today.
Share your experience on Product Hunt or Twitter ❤️
Linear is featured today on Product Hunt. We kindly ask to drop a comment and share your experiences on PH or Twitter. Maybe a small thing you like about Linear or how it helps your team. This means a lot to us on launch day.
Practices for building, Linear Method
Alongside building a great product for software teams, we also want to define a new way of building software–the Linear Method. It encapsulates the principles, practices and habits that enable and encourage us to build magical, high quality software.
GitLab merge request support
We’re excited to add support for GitLab. It lets you integrate Linear issues and merge requests with the same functionality as our existing GitHub integration:
- Link multiple merge requests with issues
- Support custom workflows with draft support
- Support reverted merge requests
You can connect Linear with GitLab.com
or your self-hosted GitLab installation starting today.
Linear now has its own documentation site full of information on how to use the product better. We wanted to highlight the most common features and also expose less known ones in case you haven’t found them yet. To step up your Linear knowledge, we list shortcuts and ProTips marked with ✨!
P.S. We’re looking for experienced TypeScript developers and product designers to join our team. Read more here.
Other improvements and fixes
- New help menu with links to docs, the Slack group and a way to contact us
- Issue list rendering performance improvements
- Automatically login all windows if logging in on one
- Issues created from Slack now support really long titles
- Improvements to archiving teams
- Less aggressive update notifications to the desktop application